For the first time ever, MCA ARTBAR goes online!
This event has passed
Staying true to the ARTBAR ethos of providing a platform for artists to push boundaries, experiment and play, our ARTBAR: NIRIN edition will redefine what it means to present an evening of art, music and performances.
The MCA and the Biennale of Sydney invite you to join us as we celebrate and collaborate with artists through exclusive virtual experiences (available for one night only), connected with the themes of ceremony, ritual and tradition.
The online program will include:
- a Welcome to Country by Dharug artists Julie Bukari Webb and Corina Norman (Blacktown Native Institution)
- a performance by Tamil drummers from the Parai-Yah! Project (STARTTS and Tamil Arts Australia)
- a studio visit with artist Latai Taumoepeau (Australia/Tonga)
- a dance class led by artist Caroline Garcia
- a look inside the 22nd Biennale of Sydney: NIRIN exhibition at the MCA
- a live DJ set on our MCA rooftop terrace by DJ MzRizk
Full program to be announced shortly.
Register for this event
Register your details to receive exclusive offers and first access to artist experiences on the night. This event is free and open to everyone, near and far – it kicks off at 7pm AEST/10am GMT.
On the night
Return to this page on the 26 June. There will be a link to the livestream. If you register for the event you can also choose to receive a free SMS reminder to go online before the event starts.
The livestream component of the event will include live captions (spoken dialogue only) and transcripts of recorded content. Additional free access support is available by request.Presented by the Museum of Contemporary Art